- Pasadena Remodeler
8 Tips on A Budget Home Remodel
We are in for some volatile times in our economy, and when considering remodeling, being thrifty is the number one priority. So we have listed a few tips on a tight budget.
1. The first thing to do is make a decision on how many rooms are going to be renovated, once you have made this informed decision, you can follow it up by how many things you want to renovate in each of these rooms, and that can also lead you to having an individual budget per room. At this stage it might be important to consult a home remodeling company in Pasadena or Los Angeles. You would always rather be safe than sorry. We will sketch something out for you that you can later take to a draughts office to map out a proper drawing at the fraction of the cost.
2. Having a breakdown of this will also allow you to calculate in each room the amount of work that can be done, for example, removing the old tiles in the bathroom or if you have some painting experience and time, doing whatever painting necessary. We have friendly staff members happy to provide you a free quote for all your needs. Alternatively, you can fill out the contact form on our website, telling us about your project. So, test out the excellent service that the Handyman Connection of Pasadena provides for yourself today.
3. As far as contractors go, using one contractor for different jobs might be a good idea, you have the ability to negotiate a better deal while you have just one company to deal with, most contractors have experience in more than one field, and if a proper interview is done on the onset, you can definitely get more bang for your buck. But this can be a big hassle which you can avoid by hiring the services of Handyman Connection of Pasadena. With years of experience we are able to handle all kinds of remodeling jobs from start to the very end.
4. One of the more important things in the renovation is actually being at the house while the renovations are taking place, this way if there are any unexpected turns to any project or materials that are unavailable at the time, you can make an informed choice of whether to go ahead or find solutions within the estimated quote or budget.
5. When remodeling the bathroom, try your best not to move the original plumbing. Renovations like moving the entire toilet push the plumbing cost up, but if you really looking to change the entire look, change the piping as well, this will save you loads in time to come.
6. Depending on the size of your current kitchen, the average in Pasadena being 150 square feet, you might not want to go all out in extending, if you have a decent sized kitchen already, you might want to consider playing with the space you have by finding a handyman/carpenter that can add pull out drawers and space saving shelves to your original kitchen.
7. If you want to retile your kitchen or bathroom, try to find those spots where tiling is necessary, and paint the rest of the area, tiles can be a costly affair. You just need to keep a certain symmetry about this, or it will end up looking like a puzzle with missing pieces.
All in all, remodeling your home is a mammoth task, and one that we take great pride in achieving, especially without breaking your bank. Contact Handyman Connection of Pasadena at 626-744-0402 to get your free quote.