- Pasadena Remodeler
Gutter Cleaning Made Easy
Autumn is not just about leaves changing colors, it is also about leaves falling to the ground and landing in your gutters. If the thought of clawing gunk and crawling around the roof with a gloved hand makes you procrastinate, then we’ve got two words for you: power tools. This is a much better way of cleaning your gutters. Of course, if you do not have the right tools or do not feel like doing it yourself, you can always call the pros at Handyman Connection of Pasadena and we will take care of the rest for you! Check out these great gutter-cleaning methods and get to work!
Keep in Mind
Make sure you are extremely cautious when working on ladders or high rooftops before you begin the gutter cleaning process. Keep in mind the following tips:
● Use an extension ladder for high rooftops.
● Wear work goggles to protect your eyes and wear thick suede gloves.
● Avoid walking on the roof unless extremely necessary. Leaning downhill to reach the gutters on the roof increases the risk of falling. Accessing gutters and roof using an extension ladder is the safest choice. Wait until midday for the roof to dry before cleaning.
● Before cleaning the gutters, clean the roof off any debris that might enter the gutters, once it rains, and clog it again. You can do so using a broom or a leaf blower.
● Try to clean the gutter using the help of another person to hold the ladder.
● Remember to clear out the downspouts when you clean the gutters. Brushes used for cleaning dryer vents are best suited for this job. Run water through the downspout to ensure it is completely clean.
Using a leaf blower for cleaning your gutters can avoid the need of removing debris by hand. The simplest method is to climb up the roof and walk along the edge and blow the leaves as you walk. Using an extension kit is a safer option.
This curves and extends the reach of your leaf blower and helps you to clean the gutters while standing on the ground. Goggles must be worn while using a leaf blower as you are standing right below all the debris that are being blown down. This is an effective but messy method so be ready for the waste to fall on you!
If it rained before you could clean your gutters, the leaves would be wet and sticky. This makes air compressors and leaf blowers tough to work with. In this scenario it is better to use a power washer. It is recommended to use a telescoping wand having a u-shaped attachment at one end allowing you to clean the gutters from the ground since the high-pressure power washers have high force.
When you are done cleaning, the debris will collect on the ground at the base of downspouts. You can pick it up using gloved hands or rake it or simply sweep it away using a water broom. Debris can also land on windows, siding or anything else below it. Consider covering or moving the patio furniture and be ready to power wash your home after this if required.
Don’t wish to clean up the mess on the ground after cleaning the gutters? Now you can easily do this by vacuuming the gunk with a dry/wet vacuum. You could do this by standing on a ladder or using an extension kit which allows you to reach the gutters from terra firma.
Professional Gutter Cleaning
This chore can be a headache even with all the gutter cleaning tools by your side. If you do not have the time and energy to clean the gutters on your own, turn to Handyman Connection, Pasadena. We provide professional gutter cleaning facilities so you don’t have to do this task yourself. To learn more call for gutter cleaning services, contact us today at 626-744-0402!